ALOHA TO MY OHANA

ALOHA TO MY OHANA

To my Fellow Early Childhood Bloggers,

Welcome to my blog site. Let me say: Aloha to my Ohana, which means "Welcome to my Family".

I am an Asian American who migrated in the US in 1997. I came from the Philippines and Filipino/ Tagalog is my first language. I migrated here in the US to start a family. I am now living here in Hawaii with my husband and three children. I am currently working as an Assistant Director at Ford Island Child Development Center in Pearl Harbor.

This is going to be an interesting journey for all of us and I am looking forward to blog with all of you.


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quotations From Influential People In Early Childhood Education

“Play is the highest phase of child development.” - Friedrich Froebel
Essa, E (2007), Introduction to Early Childhood Education, Revised Edition,
pp.147                                                                                   
“The greatest crime that society is committing is…wasting money it should spend for its children.”
-Maria Montessori
Essa, E (2007), Introduction to Early Childhood Education, Revised Edition, pp. 147
“Teaching is the expediting of learning: A person who is taught learns more quickly than one who is not.” 
– B(hurrus) F(rederick) Skinner
Essa, E (2007), Introduction to Early Childhood Education, Revised Edition
 “It is human to have a long childhood; it is civilized to have an even longer childhood.”
- Eric Erickson
Essa, E (2007), Introduction to Early Childhood Education, Revised Edition , pp.148

“When I think about passion, I have to embrace who I am as a woman, who I am as terms of being a Latino leader and what my family has taught me that creates a greater foundation for my passion.“ 
  
“Today my passion as a professional really is to bring my ideas in action into changing policy and into changing practice and influencing theory.“   The Passion of Early Childhood Walden Multi -Media Presentation  

-Leticia Lara, LCSW, Regional Manager
Outreach and Project Development
Zero to Three

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete