ALOHA TO MY OHANA

ALOHA TO MY OHANA

To my Fellow Early Childhood Bloggers,

Welcome to my blog site. Let me say: Aloha to my Ohana, which means "Welcome to my Family".

I am an Asian American who migrated in the US in 1997. I came from the Philippines and Filipino/ Tagalog is my first language. I migrated here in the US to start a family. I am now living here in Hawaii with my husband and three children. I am currently working as an Assistant Director at Ford Island Child Development Center in Pearl Harbor.

This is going to be an interesting journey for all of us and I am looking forward to blog with all of you.


Saturday, April 2, 2011

New Collections of Early Childhood Education Resources

Aloha Fellow ECE Bloggers, I found new websites and resource materials that will be helpful for early childhood studies. Please visit these sites and give me your feedbacks. They are as follows:


Michelle Cummings - Training Wheels - A Creative Resourceor for Team Building  
Training Wheels is a known leader in the team building industry and prides itself in creating qualityaffordable activitiesbooks, and trainings for those seeking experiential resources.




3The Creative Curriculum®System For Preschool: research-based resources and daily plans for a full year of effective teaching. www. TeachingStrategies.com/system


There are some of the learning resources that are helpful in the field of early childhood:


NAEYC. (2009). Where we stand on child abuse prevention. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from
http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/ChildAbuseStand.pdf

The Division for  Early Childhood. http//www.dec-sped .org/

 Zero to Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families. (2010). Infant-toddler policy agenda.
Retrieved May 26  2010, from http://zerotothree.org/site/Page Server?pagename=ter _pub_infanttodler

NAEYC (2009, April). Early Childhood Inclusion: A summary. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http//www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/DEC_NAEYC_ECSummary_a.pdf  

World Forum Foundation - http://www.worldforumfoundation.org/wf//about.php

Article : UNICEF(n.d.) Fact sheet a summary of the rights under the Convention on the rights of the child. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http//:unicef.org/crc/files/Rights_overview.pdf

Walden University's resource collection

5 comments:

  1. Great Resource Choices thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your additional resource site. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anabel - thanks so much for sharing. I found the Training Wheels website very helpful...especially with the games that were included. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anabel,

    These websites are wonderful resources! I love the Training Wheels website, and I have to be careful about getting carried away with the Creative Curriculum System. I saw one at a training last week and thought about how much significantly better my teaching would be with a curriculum, but my school has not adopted one yet! It is always in conversation at our meetings. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anabel,

    I really loved the Training Wheels website. One of the things I feel it vital in a successful program is having a cohesive team. I am always looking for ways to keep my staff motivated to work as a team even when things don't look positive. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete